Please be aware that I am unable to accept books for review at this time.
While I do not actively seek books for review, I am always happy to consider reading your novel or book. Below is information and guidelines about my reading habits to ensure I as a reader am a good fit for your work.
- I am happy to considering published books for review in the following genres: fiction of many colors (contemporary, historical, literary, international, dystopian), memoirs, food lit, travel writing, and narrative nonfiction.
- I do have an eReader and will consider books that are iBooks or Kindle for iPad compatible. That said, I read eBooks irregularly so your book has a greater chance of being read if I had a print copy. This doesn’t mean I won’t consider eBooks; it’s just something to keep in mind.
- I have a particular interest in fiction and nonfictions about the following topics or set in the following countries/geographical locations: the Amish, art, China, food, genocide, the Holocaust, the Middle East, Montana, and religions of the world.
- I do not typically read fantasy or science fiction (besides dystopian novels), mystery/thriller/crime (true or fictional), self-help, diet and fitness, how-to, or children’s picture books. Feel free to tell me about it, but I am not normally interested in these genres.
- I do not read self-published books.
Something to keep in mind: I do not guarantee I will review your book. If I am unable to finish a book, I may or may not write on my blog why I choose to abandon the book. In this case, I will either pass the book along to another reader through PaperBackSwap or a giveaway on my blog.
I also reserve the right to express my opinions – good or bad – in my reviews. I cannot (and will not) guarantee a positive review of your work if you send a copy for review. I strive to fair and honest in my reviews regardless of how I felt about the book.
As I mentioned above, I do have a limited time to read during the school year. I ask that you please address deadlines with me upfront so I can make sure I have room in my schedule to post by a certain day.
If, after reading the above information, you feel that we would be a good fit, please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com.
Ardent Reader generates between 550 and 1,600 visitors a month with 60 plus RSS feed subscribers and 46 email subscribers. I also maintain a presence on Twitter, Goodreads and LibraryThing. I normally post two to four times a week. Please contact me at the address above if you would like more statistical information about blog readership.
Comments and Readership Engagement
Thank you for taking the time to comment! I do try to continue facilitating discussion about great books by replying to your comment here or by visiting your blog.
If you’re wondering where your comment might be, I do hold the first comment you post to Ardent Reader for moderation. This is merely to insure that you’re not a spambot. Once your first comment posts, any future comments will not be held for moderation. Occasionally, my spam filter does eat a comment or two so please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not see your comment in a day or two.
I hope that everyone feels like they can express their opinion here on Ardent Reader. As the blogger, though, I do strive to keep this a civil and comfortable place for all who stop by. I welcome your differences of opinion and feel free to explain why you disagree with me, but I do not allow personal attacks on myself or other commentators.
I do not edit or delete comments unless they are abusive, hateful, or clearly spam. My blog is not a platform for your potty mouth; obscene language will be removed from your post. As moderator, I reserve the right to use my judgment when it comes to approving comments.
I do ask for your email address when you comment. This helps me to distinguish spambots from real people as well as address people’s concerns off the blog, if the situation arises. Personal information such as email addresses, last names, and mailing addresses collected for giveaways, email subscriptions, or comments are never sold or disseminated to a third party. This information will only be used for the purpose for which it was supplied.