I’m so closed to finishing House Rules by Jodi Picoult that I almost didn’t post an update. It took me reading for 50 minutes of hour 15 and 45 minutes of hour 16 to reach the point where I have little over a hundred pages to go.
The plan now is to finishing up this book (my fourth of the night) and then read something of my iPad/iPod. As I stated in my last update, I will be using Twitter as my main form of updating you all on my progress as turning on my computer and typing disturbs my roommate. I do have my alarm set to wake up me up tomorrow morning so I can rejoin the fun for the last two hours. (Assuming I can get out of bed. I’m getting very sleepy!)
Before I go, though, I wanted to thank everyone who has stopped by and cheered me on as well as all the people working behind the scenes as Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon. You guys made my first read-a-thon a fantastic experience! See you on Twitter and in the morning!
Time: 12:00am EST
Read since last update: House Rules by Jodi Picoult (in progress)
Brief thoughts on what I’ve read: Looking forward to seeing how this court case wraps up!
Pages read since last update: 207
Running total of pages read since I’ve started: 1,402 (WOW!)
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1 hour and 35 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since I’ve started: 10 hours and 35 minutes
Amount of time spent not reading since I’ve started: 1 hour and 50 minutes blogging; 1 hour and 25 minutes eating (20 minutes was spent reading and eating); 1 hour and 30 minutes cheering; 15 minutes responding to emails and phone calls
Other Readathon-related activities: None.
Where I stand overall:
- An Interrupted Life (Etty Hillesum) — 105/281 pages
- War on the Margins (Libby Cone) — FINISHED
- Refuge in Hell (Daniel B. Silver) — 109/331 pages
- Beatrice and Virgil (Yann Martel) — 0/214 pages
- The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho) —FINISHED
- The Dressmaker of Khair Khana (Gayle Tzemach Lemon) — 0/253 pages
- The Order Has Been Carried Out (Alessandro Portelli) — 0/330 pages
- Saving Fish from Drowning (Amy Tan) — 255/474 pages
- A Cup of Friendship (Deborah Rodriguez) — FINISHED
- House Rules (Jodi Picoult) —407/532 pages
For a little about why I chose each book, please see my initial book selection post.