I noticed something last night as I was updating my Book Log — every book I’ve read this month has had ‘The’ in the title.
- The Amateur Marriage (Anne Tyler)
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (Junot Díaz)
- The Lexus and the Olive Tree (Thomas L. Friedman)
- The Sun Also Rises (Ernest Hemingway)
- The Year of Living Biblically (A. J. Jacobs)
I’ve never really noticed how often ‘The’ makes it into the title of books before, but it seems to be the theme for this month. The next book I know I’ll be reading is The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, which of course has ‘The’ in the title. I guess I’ve, subconsciously, selected a pattern for the month. Have you know any patterns in your readings this month?