You are currently browsing the daily archive for June 21, 2009.
First of all, thanks to Natasha of Maw Books Blog for hosting the Bloggiesta (¡Ole!)! It was a wonderful idea that helped me accomplish quite a bit for my blog, even though, at first, I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do.
I goofed and began the Bloggiesta at 6 a.m. my time; we were supposed to start at 8 a.m, but because I started early, I put a large sticky note on my computer saying “Stop at SIX” to remind me not to squeeze in another two hours.
That said, here’s my timecard for the event:
- Began the Bloggiesta at 6 a.m. on Friday
- Stopped at 8:45 for breakfast and to help clean out my brother’s room
- Began again at 10:15
- Stopped at 11:15 for lunch
- Began again at 12:30 p.m.
- Stopped at 3:00 to go see “Up,” which was fabulous.
- Began again at 8:00
- Stopped at 11:00 for bed
- Began at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday
- Stopped at 8 a.m. to drive my brother to camp
- Began again at 6:00 p.m.
- Stopped again at 11:00 for bed, and then I slept past my stop time until 6:23 a.m. on Sunday.
So, if my math is correct, I Bloggiesta-ed for fourteen hours and forty-five minutes, which was just three hours and fifteen minutes short of my eighteen-hour goal. Pretty good considering that when I signed up, I didn’t know I would be driving my brother to camp yesterday.
- Write reviews for those books I need to review:
- Participate in weekly memes:
- Library Loot
- Teaser Tuesday
- Friday Finds
- Get caught up on Booking Through Thursday questions
- Write The Sunday Salon post for a rainy day
- Post covers upcoming books-to-movies. (Some of you may have already seen it since I actually posted it instead of scheduling it.)
- Write post about “Political Science Fiction” seminar class
- Not a whole post, but I’m waiting to write something more in-depth when I’m actually in the class.
- Update TBR List
- Removed the sixteen books I’ve read
- Added twenty-three more
- Update Challenge page
- Fix broken links and/or links to old blog
- I’m afraid that this is such a massive undertaking, it needs it’s own Bloggiesta to get done.
- Post book review URLs on challenge blogs
- 1% Well-Read
- 9 For 09
- A to Z
- Dewey’s Books
- Diversity Rocks!
- Read Your Own Books
- Read Your Own Name
- Scott Westerfeld
- Spring Reading Thing
- To Be Read
- War Through the Generations
- What’s In a Name?
- Create a blogroll/links page
- Check out different themes for the blog
- Found another I liked, but the repeated authors tag takes up too much space on the side and I would have to make a new header for the blog. So for now, I’m sticking with the one I have.
- Figure out where to move repeated authors tag cloud since it has ballooned into something bigger than I expected
- Unfortunately, it’s going to have to stay where it is. Every where else I move it squeezes it so much that the text gets all jumbled up.
- Type up giant giveaway post for July 1st
- I made the database of books in Excel, but now I need to upload it to Google Spreadsheets and flesh out the details for the post.
- Find new selections for Dewey’s Books Challenge
- Comment on every blog I follow
- I’ve probably most proud of this. I’m the world’s worst commenter, so this was a great way to comment on all 40 book blogs I follow.
- Reorganize Google Reader
- I weeded my reader down from 89 book blogs to 40 that I really enjoy reading and have similar tastes to myself. Some of these blogs also hadn’t been updated since December of 2008.
- The Book Lady’s Mini-Challenge helped me with this one.